Knowing how to delegate effectively is a crucial management competency. When you assign tasks to employees, more work gets done, trust is established and employees are able to develop new skills.
This course will walk you through a 5-step plan for successful delegation:
- Analyze the Task: Determine, in detail, what needs to be done to achieve the goal. This includes setting a deadline.
- Choose the Right Delegatee: The right candidate should be highly motivated and possess the needed skills.
- Assign the Task: Give clear instructions on desired outcomes, resources available and follow-up steps.
- Execute the Task: During the task execution, support the delegatee by informing key employees of the delegatee's task and level of authority.
- Conduct Regular Feedback Sessions: Monitor issues so they don't become problems, and give the delegatee opportunities to ask questions.
- Teaches an effective 5-step model for delegating tasks
- Helps managers empower employees by showing them how to delegate the right kinds of tasks to the appropriate people
- Provides tips and checklists that can be used for any task assignment
No additional products available